- Carpet cleaning skills
- Hard floor cleaning and maintenance
- Upholstery cleaning skills
- Stain removal training
- Regular courses held
Product enquiry form
Prochem are market leaders in the provision of carpet, upholstery and hard floor training. Their highly experienced trainers will take you through tried and tested training programmes and are also on hand to answer any specific questions you may have.
A reference manual and certificate of completion is provided for each course.
1-day carpet cleaning course
Aimed at carpet cleaning business and cleaning equipment operatives, on this this full day training course you will learn about:
- Carpet conditions: Soil levels, wear and fixings, soil types
- Carpet cleaning methods: Dry cleaning, low moisture methods, hot water soil extraction, combination cleaning
- Carpet construction: How to identify tufted or woven, carpet backings and related risks
- Fibre identification: Natural or synthetic and related problems, burn/fibre test
- The chemistry of cleaning: pH scale, correct use of products, dye bleed test
- Stain removal: How to test for solvent or water soluble stains, application techniques, spotting guide
- Special treatments: Presprays/pre-treatments, extraction detergents/rinses, deodorisers, protectors, defoamers
2-day carpet cleaning course
As the 1-day course, plus on day 2, you will go more in-depth, to learn the skills you need to set up or improve your own cleaning business, including:
- Advanced dye techniques
- Rug identification and cleaning advice
- On-site surveying (practical)
- Advanced stain removal methods
- Estimating and pricing cleaning jobs
1-day hard floor cleaning and maintenance course
Aimed at professional cleaners, contract cleaners and hospital and local authority staff, this course includes practical demonstrations. You will learn about:
- Floor treatments including wood sanding, stripping, sealing, regular maintenance, periodic treatments
- How to recognise different floor types, e.g. Vinyl, quarry tile, linoleum, rubber, marble, safety flooring, granite, concrete, terrazzo, cork, wood, ceramic tile, laminate, terracotta, limestone, slate, epoxy resin
- Cleaning techniques, e.g. mopping techniques, spray cleaning, scrub cleaning, burnishing, floor stripping
- The correct use of detergents, polishes, seals, maintainers, machines, pads and brushes
- Faults and cures – quick reference guide
1-day upholstery cleaning course
This practical course is designed for professional and contract cleaners in the domestic and commercial cleaning market. You will learn about:
- Upholstery conditions: Soil levels, wear and fading, soil types
- Upholstery cleaning methods: low moisture, dry solvent cleaning, wet cleaning, leather cleaning
- Fibre identification: Natural or synthetic, tensile strength test, burn test
- Fabric types and reaction to cleaning: Flat weave, velvets, tapestry, cotton prints
- Professional survey check and test: For dye bleed, wet or dry solvent cleaning, shrinkage, soiling, distortion, fillings, swelling
- The chemistry of cleaning: pH scale, correct use of products
- Stain removal and special treatments: Water or solvent soluble stains, deodorisers, fabric protectors
- Furniture classification chart for estimating and pricing
1-day stain removal course
This is an advance course for people who have already taken a carpet cleaning course and have an understanding of the chemistry of cleaning. The course includes:
- Brief revision of fibre identification and carpet and fabric construction, the identification of stains and how they affect different types of fibres and construction.
- What questions to ask, how to assess the extent of the damage and the likelihood of stain removal, for water soluble stains, solvent soluble stains, dye stains etc.
- A comprehensive overview of all available stain removal products, with hands-on practice in the correct application of these products, with advanced methods for difficult stains.
- Guidance on sanitising, odour control and protector treatments for both carpets and upholstery fabrics.
Regular courses throughout the year
Cleaning skills training courses are held at Prochem’s training centre in Chessington, Surrey throughout the year and additional training is often available at other locations.
Please call us or click the enquiry button for more information, pricing and course dates.
Product enquiry form